News & commentary by Dave Maxwell. Edited and published by Ahyoung Shin. 1. World war 3: Kim Jong-un boasts of ability to launch immediate nuclear attacks 2. N. Korea’s nuclear weapons are immediately launchable, experts say 3. Bureau 39 – Kim’s cash machine | This week on FOUR CORNERS 4. S. Korea ‘well aware’ of concerns over tensions amid Sino-U.S.
News & commentary by Dave Maxwell. Edited and published by Ahyoung Shin. 1. Last chance for US to counter China’s rise 2. U.S. Officially Declares That Hong Kong Is No Longer Autonomous 3. Pompeo tells Congress Hong Kong is no longer autonomous from China 4. Facebook Executives Shut Down Efforts to Make the Site Less Divisive 5. Opinion | The Trump
News & commentary by Dave Maxwell. Edited and published by Ahyoung Shin. SWJEd note: we cheated here. Posting on 5/28 night but back dating to 5/27 to not rock the chronological boat. Only the truly OCD will care, or do this in the first place. 1. U.S. nuclear forces are ready and deter all adversaries, including N.
1. Trump Wants Troops in Afghanistan Home by Election Day. The Pentagon Is Drawing Up Plans. 2. How the Taliban Outlasted a Superpower: Tenacity and Carnage 3. How the Pandemic Is Helping The Military Prep For World War III 4. Pentagon Reservation Plan for Resilience and ‘Aligning With National Guidelines for Opening Up America Again’ 5. FDD | The Fallout
1. Mapping the China Debate 2. Israel rejects Chinese bid to build Sorek 2 amid pressure from the US 3. Josh Hawley Wants to Lead the New Cold War 4. They didn’t die in combat, but they lived heroic lives. Remembering the military heroes who died by suicide 5. Iran’s Propaganda Game Inside Iraq 6. How to Avoid a China-Led World
1. U.S. Warns of ‘Calibrated’ Response to N.Korea’s Nuke Activities 2. N. Korea should give up nuclear program, says Trump’s advisor 3. New heavily-armed submarine enters service in North Korea 4. North’s Kim heaps pressure on Trump to relax sanctions 5. UNC says it cannot determine whether N.K. started border gunfire accidentally 6. U.S. could build trust with North Korea by
1. Looking at War Across 2,500 Years 2. Trump’s ‘New Cold War’ aims to hold China at bay 3. The G7 must stand up for Hong Kong’s freedom 4. China’s domestic politics hamstring its diplomacy 5. The End of the New World Order 6. Building the Post-Pandemic World 7. New security law is a masterstroke (China – Hong Kong) 8. Secret military
1. Kim Jong-un Moves to Increase North Korea’s Nuclear Strength 2. Kim Jong-un Promotes Nuclear Officials 3. New submarine or SLBMs likely next options for N.K. to claim enhanced nuke deterrence: experts 4. Kim Jong Un lectures on importance of enhancing nuclear capabilities 5. U.S. official renews calls for N.K. to abandon nukes after its party meeting on nuke deterrence
1. China tells U.S. to stop taking them ‘to the brink of a new Cold War’ 2. Iran struck first. ‘Israel’ retaliated massively. Behind the cyber war rattling the Middle East 3. Islamic State is back and this time the west is ill-prepared to take it on | Hassan Hassan 4. Protecting the future of the special operations forces
Form and content will morph a bit as we settle in to a new battle rhythm, but we’re turning the tap back on. Stand by for some of yesterday’s news in a moment, with today’s round up later today. Eventually we may be able to post tomorrow’s news yesterday. Hits: 2